GUIDE: MTO | MADE TO ORDER
Do you seek unique? Furniture designs that are not only the peak of chic, haute (but not haughty) and made just for you and your client? The South + English Made To Order collection (MTO for short) may be the perfect fit.
With MTO, you’ll choose from over seventy designs, each in S+E’s distinctive traditional-modern mix vernacular. With over fifteen specially calibrated finishes, plus metal and upholstery options, it’s easy to design a piece that’s uniquely yours.
South + English then springs into action. Your design is “made to order,” bench made by hand in our workroom, not far from S+E’s High Point homebase where furniture craftsmanship is a time-tested art and science.
MADE TO ORDER AT A GLANCE
- Over 70 unique designs, starting points for personalization and customization.
- Available in nearly 20 wood finishes, plus metal & fabrics as appropriate.
- Bench made by hand in the USA
- Crafted in solid wood.
- Your order triggers production
- Bespoke customization available: change dimensions, specs, create new finishes.
Many designers fall head over heels with a S+E design as originally conceived.. Others, selecting from a raft of wood and metal finishes, handily personalize to their heart’s content. Sometimes more is needed – to suit the space, the need, the palette, the desire. No worries. As the name promises, the Made to Order collection is infinitely customizable.
By definition, custom is unique. As such, S+E will collaborate with you every step of the way. Here’s a quick review of the process to guide the way:
- Where to begin? Easy: An existing MTO design is your inspiration launch pad.
- Next, show us your specs. Roughly sketch your desired customization with as much informative detail as you can offer.
- We will then connect with you one-on-one and flesh out more detail.
- Incoming! You’ll next see shop drawings and a full quotation, both for your final approval.
- Of note, custom orders must be paid in full before production begins. No returns are allowed. We really are making the piece just for you!
- S+E will keep you apprised of lead time, but overall you may expect delivery 8-15 weeks after sign off.
South + English thrives on connection and collaboration. Custom orders make our day. Shall we begin? Just email or call now. Let’s design together.
Made To Order means just that. Your order flicks the switch. Machinery and craftsman spring into action to complete your order, a unique creation.
People respect what you inspect. Here, South (Palmer Smith) is hands-on at the factory to ensure the Helena bed is made to your order. Perfectly.